This bright and brooding red blend shows the true potential of the Maule and Itata valleys.
Bright yet brooding. Up front, it is all fresh and expressive red berries. Then, on the palate, you find touches of herbs and cocoa. It finishes with bright cherry and vivacity.
It has the backbone for a pairing with grilled meats from lamb to steaks, but would shine with slow-cooked short ribs.
Deep yet fresh blackcurrants, black olives, peppermint and some damson and bay leaf. This is a full-bodied red with a mouthful of sleek, velvety tannins that are chiseled into the fruit. Seamless, but not plush. On the other hand, this is juicy, firm and tight. Powerful and fine. Cabernet sauvignon, carignan, cabernet franc and petit verdot. Drink or hold.James Suckling August 2022
The 2018 Red Blend Facundo is a blend of 49% Carignan, 36% Cabernet Sauvignon, 10% Cabernet Franc and 5% Petit Verdot from Chile. Dark garnet red in the glass. The nose presents notes of sour cherry liqueur, blackberry and pepper and hints of herbs against an elegant, tone-setting backdrop of oak. Fluid and juicy with nicely grippy tannins and good depth of flavor. The finish offers energy anchored in barely perceptible but precise freshness.Vinous June 2022
Facundo is a pan-Chilean blend of mostly Carignan with 53% Cabernet Sauvignon, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot., sourced from the Colchagua, Itata and Maule Valleys. Grippy, intense and well-structured with plum, cassis and Mediterranean herb flavours and subtle, understated oak influence.Tim Atkin April 2022
- Facundo is the wine that started Felipe's independent winemaking career. It blends old-vine Carignan with Bordeaux varieties from the heart of Chile (the Carignan and Cabernet Franc are from old vines in Maule Valley, the Cabernet Sauvignon is from Itata, and Petit Verdot is from Colchagua)
- The vineyards are naturally low yielding from granitic soils. The components are vinified, separated, aged for 28 months in third and fourth use French neutral oak, then filtered lightly before bottling.
- Varietal Composition: 45% Carignan, 35% Cabernet Sauvignon, 15% Cabernet Franc, 5% Petit Verdot
- Region: Maule/Itata/Colchagua
- Avg Elevation: 325 feet
- Avg Age of Vines: 33 years
- PH: 3.36
- Alcohol: 14%
- Size: 12/750ml
- UPC: 835603002669