Previously known as Carmenere Cuvee Colchagua, the Carmenere Terroir De Familia is a single vineyard wine from Casa Silva's Los Lingues vineyard.
Violet red in color with great intensity and brilliance. Aromas of blackcurrants, plum, blackberries, licorice, menthol and lavender. The palate has good acidity and balance with harmonious and well-integrated tannins.
Great pairing with a steak and chimichurri sauce, Mexican fajitas, grilled chicken, roasted portobello mushrooms, or a spicy ratatouille.
- The Los Lingues vineyards are situated on the northeast border of the Colchagua Valley. The soil is of alluvial-colluvial origin and varies in texture with fine sand, clay and angled granite rocks leading to excellent water drainage.
- Manual grape cluster selection prior to destemming. Alcoholic fermentation takes place in stainless steel tanks for 10 days at 26°C. Post-ferment maceration on the grape skins for 7 days prior to draining, pressing and malolactic fermentation.
- 70% aged in 2nd & 3rd use oak barrels and 30% aged in stainless steel tanks for 6-8 months. Aged a minimum of 4 months in bottle prior to release.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Carmenere
- Region: Los Lingues
- Avg Elevation: 1000 feet
- Avg Age of Vines: 22 years
- PH: 3.59
- Alcohol: 14%
- Size: 12/750ml
- Cases Imported: 5,000
- UPC: 835603002430