S38 marks a single, small soil block in Casa Silva’s iconic Los Lingues vineyard. This limited production wine offers an exclusive taste of this “Gran Terroir” at the foothills of Chile’s Andes mountains.
Ruby red in color with violet rims. Aromas of black currants, black cherries, blackberries, cardamom, licorice, leather, tobacco roses and hints of menthol. The palate has great structure and medium-high acidity. Balanced with elegant tannins and a long finish.
Try with seared flank steak with pebre salsa (Chilean pico de gallo), Ratatouille, beef jerky empanadas.
Deep and focused with wild herbs, lavender and a hint of sandalwood to the dark berries and cassis on the nose. This medium-to full-bodied red unfolds evenly on the palate with juicy, sleek tannins. Tense and bright with a juicy finish.James Suckling August 2022
Purple in color. The nose offers ripe red currant, pepper, blueberry, liqueur, rosemary and cigar box. Sugary in the mouth, the voluminous flow asserts itself from the start with firm tannins and a slightly compact feel before the finish of sour cherry and black currant.Vinous June 2022
Years of intensive soil studies and micro-vinifications have shown that S38 grapes produce world-class Cabernet Sauvignon with outstanding freshness, balance and depth from its deep, stony soils.
- The Los Lingues vineyards are situated on the northeast border of the Colchagua Valley. The soil is of alluvial-colluvial origin and varies in texture with fine sand, clay and angled granite rocks leading to excellent water drainage.
- Grapes are 100% hand harvested in small trays. The grapes pass through a selection table before and after de-stemming, then gravity fed to small oak tanks and fermentation barrels. After a cold maceration for 10 days, the alcoholic fermentation is carefully conducted at 26-28 ° C. Malolactic fermentation is made in barrels.
- 80% is aged in French oak barrels & 20% is aged in stainless steel tanks for 12 months. The best barrels of this block are selected by tasting and blended afterward. Aged 6 months in bottle prior to market release.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Cabernet Sauvignon
- Region: Colchagua
- Avg Elevation: 1476 feet
- Avg Age of Vines: 25 years
- PH: 3.37
- Alcohol: 14%
- Size: 12/750ml
- Cases Imported: 250
- UPC: 835603002706