A rarely-seen varietal harvested from vines planted in 1912 with beautiful elegance and balance.
Pale yellow with green hues. A fresh & light white wine with notes of citrus, saline & floral.
Excellent with seafood, this wine is especially good with delicatessen like oysters, caviar or whitebait. Fish is also delicious with this Sauvignon Gris.
- Harvested from one of the oldest blocks on Casa Silva's original estate vineyard in Angostura planted in 1912.
- The soil profile consists of fine sand over ancient alluvial substrates consisting of small-medium sized rocks and large amounts of decomposed rock. Medium-low depth allowing for good drainage.
- Temperate Mediterranean climate - dry summers with moderate to maximum temperatures and cold rainy winter seasons.
- The wine is fermented and aged in stainless steel to preserve the natural acidity and concentration. Aged 1-2 months in bottle prior to market release.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Sauvignon Gris
- Region: Colchagua
- Avg Elevation: 1000 feet
- Avg Age of Vines: 108 years
- PH: 3.17
- Alcohol: 13%
- Size: 12/750ml
- UPC: 835603002492