The result of groundbreaking research aimed at defining Carmenere’s potential in Chile.
Dark, plum-red color with dark violet hues. Aromas of blackberries, blackcurrants, figs, black cherry, licorice, leather and tobacco with hints of cardamom & menthol. Bold structure with medium-high acidity and silky well-integrated tannins. Long, spicy and harmonious finish.
Makes a great pairing with curries, Italian sausage, grilled vegetables or rack of lamb.
- Microterroir is a wine made from a collection of micro-sites within the Los Lingues vineyard. Fruit harvested from each block was vinified separately to understand the impact of the soils and plant material (clones). Fermentations are a mix of wild yeast and innoculated lots.
- The soil is of alluvial-colluvial origin and varies in texture with fine sand, clay and angled granite rocks leading to excellent water drainage.
- Aged for 15 months in French oak and 3-4 years in bottle prior to market release.
- Varietal Composition: 100% Carmenere
- Region: Colchagua, Chile
- Avg Elevation: 1475 feet
- Avg Age of Vines: 26 years
- PH: 3.66
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Size: 6/750ml
- Cases Imported: 400
- UPC: 835603002461